August 13, 2012

Kiernen's 7th Birthday!

I don;t know how the time seems to keep going exponentially faster as my beautiful boy ages, but here he is, 7 years old. We celebrated in our new home - the very first time we've had a gathering of people here - and it was all a great success.

Kiernen had gotten really interested in puppets and puppet shows, and he requested we have the kids make puppets and they can all do puppet shows. I made the bases and let the kids go to town with all manner of craft supplies. Kiernen's is the skeleton pumpkin head with the mustache and one eye. I may have helped, as per his request, draw the skeleton. Who can refuse a birthday boy's request?
We set up everything picnic-style near the trampoline and under the trees in the backyard.
Our Mario Power-Up Mushroom pinata. That we made. Collaboratively.


Another view of the backyard. Mid-snacking.
The birthday banner I made hung on the side of the house.
Video games were played by some.
And then the puppet show!
The pinata was destroyed. 
Let them eat cake! (This is Kirby, from a video game Kiernen loves.)
And finally, the presents! Kiernen loved everything he received.

It was a brilliant day. "This was the best birthday EVER!" said Kiernen at the end of the day. Indeed.

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment