August 2, 2009

I've found the holy grail!

For months and months now, Kiernen has been telling me he wants a spiderman bike. He will see photos of them on the internet, or when we go to the occasional store where they are sold (for $80), he will ask if he can get one. I've been thinking about it and about how his birthday is coming up, and I even put "wanted" requests on Craigslist, which have gone unanswered. I've also been watching Craigslist and garage sales for possible leads, and nada.

Until today. Well, two days ago, really. I was on craigslist doing the search once again, and there it was - newly listed. I sent an email right away, telling her PLEASE hold it, my son's birthday, I want this bike!

Because Mama loves reusing and recycling, and $80 for a kids' bike that will only be used for a short time? No, thanks, we don't NEED a spiderman bike when I can get something on Craigslist for a fraction of the cost. And put stickers on it myself. haha.

So now? we have in our possession this bike:



I think Kiernen is going to have a pretty happy birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Growing up poor, we couldn't afford bunches of new toys @ xmas, so my mom would spend the year going to thrift stores and garage sales, finding toys for us. She'd get 'em home and meticulously clean them with alcohol, then wrap 'em, and under the tree they went. We didn't know or care - we still believed in Santa. I think it is awesome you found that particular bike, rather than buying new. And the watermelon cake looked DELICIOUS! Kiernen is going to grow up and remember these things you do as something very precious.

    ReplyDelete