Wow, has it ever been a whirlwind summer - and almost all of it spent right here, or at least within a half hour of here. We realized we'd not even managed to go camping this summer, so when the opportunity again presented itself, we realized hey, it's been a whole summer and we haven't bothered - let's do it while we have the chance! And so we went.
We had a pretty good time, all things considered (like giant dogs that were neither expected nor welcomed by Kiernen, and kept him close to us, his parents, at all times). We learned a couple of things, like: our friends have really cool friends, and always ask the host if there are giant dogs (we didn't think to, as we've never camped with dogs before). The land was beautiful, the weather cooperated well, and the beach was great fun. We LOVED the drive up there AND back - gorgeous, gorgeous scenery. We're happy that we went camping this year, and um, this year at least, we've realized we really are homebodies and like to sleep in our own beds. A lot.
I loved being in my tent - I have a long-standing love affair with my tent - and I love seeing the stars at night. I didn't even mind the cold, because I was snuggled down under blankets - but nothing beats my organic cotton mattress and my lush bedcoverings, in my white-noise-filled, temperature-controlled room.
That being said, I do hope we get more opportunities to spend time with the friends of friends we met this past weekend, because ALL of them were REALLY cool people, and they are ALL people I hope to know more of. Perhaps we can host our own weekend here at Windsong, and folks can pitch tents in the back garden if they wish. Delight!
Looks like all had great adventure and it looks like a Shangri La. Beautiful and bountiful.
ReplyDeleteGrandma Freda