Well, I had a thought. I thought maybe, just maybe, they did what they tend to do, which is to arbitrarily decide that because Unikitty is a pink cat with a unicorn horn, that perhaps I just MIGHT find a Unikitty t-shirt in the girls’ department a few feet away. And not only did I find one, but it was the LAST one, and it was Kiernen’s size. This shirt has been on his person daily (he takes it off at night and tenderly and carefully folds it up) for going on four days now, I believe. He was SO happy that I found this shirt!
He couldn’t help but notice though that the Unikitty shirt was only in the girls’ department, so he asked why. I paused to gather my thoughts and he asked, “Is it because they think only girls will like Unikitty?” “Maybe,” I said. “Stores tend to divide things up that way, deciding what they think girls will like and what boys will like,” to which he responded, “Well, they’re wrong. Unikitty is my favourite character in the whole movie! She’s so cute!”
To which my brain responded, “You are our future, little man. Keep on being YOU, and you tell ‘em.”
And to keep on keeping on with the LEGO Movie theme, as we are all kinds of immersed over here, Barnes and Noble had a LEGO movie event in which kids were given a prompt: help the fight against Lord Business. The kids were divided into three groups, and Kiernen’s group drew the vehicle. Each kid got a set of 4 wheels and there’s a big table full of LEGO pieces. The kids collected pieces to build with, then built their vehicle.

Kiernen getting to work.

It was a busy room! Everyone hard at work.
And a review Kiernen did of a LEGO set and some of the LEGO Movie minifigures:
It was a busy room! Everyone hard at work.
And a review Kiernen did of a LEGO set and some of the LEGO Movie minifigures:
Kiernen built his car just for Unikitty to drive (he is saving his allowance to get her soon).
They had a cool little set there that the kids could use to photograph their vehicles on. Here is Kiernen’s. AND they got to take them home! Kiernen was thrilled and very proud of the car he made - totally on his own. To continue with the LEGO theme, a LEGO Review Kiernen did recently:
No comments:
Post a Comment