September 3, 2012

like a bird

Me: "Kiernen, look - a hawk!" (we hear her sometimes, our neighborhood hawk, and now we've seen her, too!)

K: "Wow!"

Me: "Look at her, just gliding up there - she just glides through the air. I wonder if she is hunting or just enjoying being a bird."

K: "I wish I could fly like a bird."

Me: "Yeah, that would be amazing, wouldn't it? To just be able to fly - no airplane, just flying in the fresh air....I guess that's why people go hang gliding. No airplane, just gliding through the sky."

K: "When can I go hang gliding?"

Me: (blinks) Well...that's a good question. I will have to look into it, because I don't really know about hang gliding, like if you have to be a certain age or if you and daddy can go learn. I will look into it, though, and let you know, okay?

K: Okay.

*************************************
Update: Holy heck, he isn't too young. He can do a tandem flight with a trained professional. Now to find out if he can do a tandem flight with his Dad AND a trained professional. If he can, there is a three-day camp with unlimited flight lessons! Right here in Portland at Oregon Hang Gliding School.

Kiernen and I discussed how lessons might go, and he watched a video, and he will get back to me about whether he really wants to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment