This week Kiernen decided he wanted to make a video:
The actual video on his part took all of an hour to make, and the rest of the week, including today, was my editing it to get it to under 15 minutes so we could put it on YouTube, as per his request.
He was playing and said, "I'm saying this like I'm on YouTube," and I said, "Would you like to make a video and put it on YouTube?" And here we are.
We might just do this more often - the camera I got for christmas happens to take HD video and does a pretty good job as long as no one covers up the microphone...ahem (me).
Kiernen, Josh and I were taking a walk this week, and Kiernen had been whining about the walk back. I was teasing him about it a bit and he pretended to kick me, and then I pretended to cry.
His words: "Mommy, stop crying so I can whine!"
We all cracked up laughing after that.
Kiernen has entered into the questioning phase. So many of his sentences now begin with, "How come...."?
Here are a few questions I managed to write down from this week:
"Mama, have you ever been birdwatching?"
(Not officially, but I do like to sit outside and watch birds. I haven't gotten outside with a group of people and binoculars and a bird book, though. And I would like to. We do have a bird book.)
"Why can't leaves fly?"
(He then proceeds to throw the leaves as high as he can from the trampoline, to see if they can indeed fly.)
"How come ice cream melts and sand doesn't?"
And while out on the trampoline and other places outdoors, many, “What kind of bird is that?”
Nuthatch, chickadee, crow, hawk, eagle, seagull, robin, stellar jay. (That I knew.)
I’ve again asked him about his inner process when he remembers the words for things – in his books, for example. Again, he said he didn’t want to talk about it and squeezed his eyes shut, then changed the subject. (shrug)
Also when I was writing in the notebook, about to write his latest question, he said, “I want to write it!”
And he did:

No comments:
Post a Comment