March 5, 2011

little froggy


In Kiernen’s acting class, he had to memorize a poem called “Little Froggy” . I noticed that after my having read it with him three times, he had it memorized – he was able to recite it perfectly, while I was still struggling to remember it (and had to read it from the paper).

Kiernen is no longer in his acting class, however – he just wasn’t into it really, so we figured since we were still able to get the refund, we did. I’m hoping in the future to find a more suitable class – one where they really dress up and play, which was what he wanted to do when he joined the class. He did, however, agree to be in the room alone with the teacher and other students totally willingly when he was in the class, and that was a huge step for all of us.

We did put the labels on everything as per Kiernen’s request, and then noticed how many things I’d forgotten to make a label for. We added those words to the list and are making labels for them. Because we’re moving, we had to take them all down again, though, to get everything ready for showing our house. Kiernen has been asking how words are spelled and what things start with almost daily now – he is very interested in language and spelling and reading.

We’re moving within the next couple of months, and right now things are in a huge state of transition. We’re putting things in boxes, getting rid of things we don’t need, looking for places to move to. I don’t know what else to say about that, I think this might be one of those special circumstances times, because I haven’t been logging things like usual, and I am so very stressed about this move and getting things ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment