October 29, 2009

halloween is just three more sleeps away!

Kiernen has big plans for Halloween, encouraged profusely by his Mama, who happens to be a big fan of that particular holiday. And any holiday where I get to be creative and give my son presents, really. Yeah.

He is SO big!

Kiernen has gained a lot of weight on his new protocol - not too much or anything - he has just become healthy and strong and bigger - like not the little skinny guy that my husband's family is so famous for breeding (it's genetic, really, and I am so envious). He actually got a little chubby for awhile there - at least compared to how he used to look. Probably more like the average 4-year-old looks. He got sick recently and lost some of the weight, though, so now is a bit skinnier, but still. He is just so darn big!

He is really into being a big boy now, too - he graduated into a booster seat because he finally rocked over 40 lbs. I'm not sure how much over because we don't own a scale, but enough over. He loves having that big boy booster seat, and getting in and out of the car by himself - opening and closing the door on his own, wearing that seatbelt instead of the 5-point harness (which I must admit, I miss).

He is pretty clear in his enunciation now - everyone can understand him when he talks. He has few mispronunciations anymore, but the few he has I still treasure: "oh-me-meal" for oatmeal and a couple others which of course are escaping me now that I'm here in front of the computer typing.

His disposition has changed lots since he started the diet, too - he is much more outgoing and confident now, and he takes baths regularly - regularly! It's to the point where I almost forget that he used to be so tentative with people and so resistant to water.

We're learning about bad words and what it means to be rude - he has a fascination with the word stupid thanks to his Franklin books/videos and also Dr. Seuss. Shee - you think a video is wholesome and safe, and it goes and teaches your kid the word 'stupid'. Grrr. I try not to make a big deal of it, but to let him know that that is not a nice word, it's rude, etc. And still when he gets angry he uses it. Sigh. Well, it's the worst word he knows (despite him having heard his father and I say much worse), and sometimes folks just want to use bad words I guess - it gets the point across of how upset they are, I suppose.

We're still busy preparing for Halloween - the decorations are up, but the pumpklins need buying and carving, and the costumes need some tiny finishing touches. Wait 'til you see MBD's! I rocked it. I love creating stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment